Hey AED!Director Applications for the Fall 2021 semester are NOW OPEN on the ufaed website, under the "Members" -> "Member Applications" tab. More information about the application process will be provided during our fourth General Body Meeting next week and we will dedicate our third Open Exec Meeting to answering questions and sharing advice about directorships. Current directors, members, and electees are encouraged to attend our application workshop and apply for a directorship!Updated Application Timeline:Thursday, April 1st -- Open Exec #3: Director Application Workshop @ 7:00 pmTuesday, April 13th -- Applications due before 11:59 pmWednesday, April 14th -- Director Interviews Day 1 (time TBA)Thursday, April 15th -- Director Interviews Day 2 (time TBA)Thursday, April 22nd -- Fall 2021 Director Board announced at Banquet!Important Notes:
- You may apply to as many divisions as you place on the application. We will call you during the deliberations process for divisions you did not rank on the preference list of your application.
- Decisions are based primarily on event ideas for the division(s). We also consider your semester activity, written application, and interview responses.
- Current directors, members, and electees are considered equally during the deliberations process. Directors do not keep their current positions without completing the same application process as the general body.
- You may hold a directorship in the same division for a maximum of 2 semesters (Spring 2020 does not count, but all semesters since then do count for the total).
- Fall Intramural divisions are: Indoor Volleyball, Indoor Soccer, Flag Football, Ultimate Frisbee, Kickball, & Recess
- Fiscals division is back :)
- There is an option to "propose a division" if you want to create a new IM division or other division of events.
- To learn more about the director responsibilities, you may participate in the "Director for a Day" program (please reach out to Alexis Ernst if interested!), or you can message any member of the executive and director boards to hear about their experiences and adviceAED ScholarshipAlso found in the "Member Applications" tab of the website, the AED Scholarship closes on Thursday, April 8th at 11:59 pm. Everyone (including electees) is eligible and encouraged to apply. To find the application, log in to the ufaed.org website, click on the "Members" tab in the upper right corner, scroll down to "Member Applications", and select "$ AED Scholarship". Completed applications will be reviewed by our faculty advisor, Dr. Ahlgren, to determine the recipient(s) of the scholarship. Names will be removed from the essay responses for the selection process.As always, please reach out to exec if you have any questions or concerns. To anonymously contact anyone on the executive or director boards, go to ufaed.org and find the "Contact Form" under the "Contact" tab in the upper right corner.Please be well and stay safe! See you soon!Sincerely,The Executive Board
Director Applications for the Fall 2021 Semester close TOMORROW, 4/13, at 11:59 pm.
The application can be found under the "Members" -> "Member Applications" -> "Director Application" tab on the ufaed website.
Director Interviews will take place (virtually on Zoom) on Wednesday, 4/14, from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm and Thursday, 4/15, from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. You will sign up for an interview time slot on the Doodle poll linked at the end of the application. The Fall 2021 Director Board will be announced at Virtual Banquet on April 22nd at 7:00 pm.
Here is a link to the slides we reviewed during Open Exec #3, the Director Application Workshop: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1B1TnMzo8VCB2EgMzZyRTImCqfgV9LplDB376kwi8G6k/edit?usp=sharing
Please reach out to exec if you have any questions about the application process. We look forward to seeing you on Zoom again soon!
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 1:41 PM Cole Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote: